Saturday, March 3, 2007

Events For 3/13/03 to 3/19/03.

There is nothing going on this weekend except for Brides of March and ToST's Anniversary party. I have heard of a weird party on Capitol Hill involving pinballs and hot dogs but I haven't been able to figure out what it is about - and whether I would be allowed to mention it here either.

In order to compensate for the short list of events I am throwing in db's Cold Lava report and an angry letter to the editor from the producer of Atlantis. I will be in San Francisco and San Jose this week and hopefully be back next week with a filled bag of Cold Lava reports.

Cheers!


Saturday 3/15.
6:00 PM 3RD ANNUAL BRIDES OF MARCH.
6:00 PM ToST Anniversary Party in Fremont.


Saturday 3/15.

3RD ANNUAL BRIDES OF MARCH...

These are those crazy, funny Santarchy folks:

What is the Brides of March, you ask? Welllll, every year, we, the Bride, marry a significantly phallic Seattle icon. First year it was the Hammering Man. Last year it was the Space Needle. This year? THE MONORAIL! And best of all, we get to culminate the wedding by CLIMBING ABOARD our studly new hubby and PLOUGHING THROUGH THE E.M.P.! Trains & tunnels - what more could a girl ask??

This year the plan is to start early and enjoy some daylight festivities before we all go get blind drunk. Sooo, we'll gather at the Seattle Center House at about 4pm - that's the huge food court - and do any last minute, er, adjustments to our decolletage.

Then, it's on to the bumper cars and mini-golf at the Fun Forest Amusement Park! Photo op, girls! Then, before we can join our betrothed, we have to say goodbye to LAST year's old laundry, the Space Needle! After a quickie divorce, it's on to the MONORAIL!

You should have a look at the funny pictures. You'll also find writeups of previous years, and even last year's wedding vows!

Friday March 15, 6pm - ?
Start at Nite Lite Lounge: 2nd & Virginia.
End at Five Point: 415 Cedar.
http://www.cockrumville.com/pics/brides/
http://www.cockrumville.com/pics/brides2/

ToST Anniversary Party in Fremont.

Could be fun:

ToST celebrates its 1-YEAR ANNIVERSARY with a spectacular WEEK-LONG musical blowout and Big Bash on Sat., March 15 starting @ 6 p.m.!

ToST Anniversary Party::: March 9 - March 15, 2003
the first 10 people in the door each evening will receive free admission

March 15 . 10pm . $5
DAS RUT + special guests . funk/soul/disco .
featuring members of MAKTUB + DJ BRANDY WESTMORE
http://www.dasrut.com
http://www.maktub.com
6-9 pm 1-year anniversary party----| with DJ Brandy Westmore
free dinner buffet
champagne tost at 10pm

Cold Lava.


Flying Carpet @ the Mystical Treasures (3/7/03)

Unfortunately I missed a great db party. He wraps it up as follows:

Thank you for coming to the Flying Carpet @ the Mystical Treasures in Pioneer Square last Friday! First, I’d like to thank all those that helped make this event possible, especially the DJs: Cameron, Outlander, Chronus and Paulina.

I especially want to thank each and every one of you for the donations that totaled 676$. Monday I’ll be writing a check for half of this, 338$ to a cancer research institution that I haven’t chosen yet. If you have a preference, please let me know. I will also donate this through the company I work for that will match every dollar.

To access the pictures from the party:

Username: photo
Password: archive

Url:

http://www.dblock.org/index.php?section=pics/index.php&directory=pics/parties/03-08-2003%20Flying%20Carpet%20@%20Mystical%20Treasures

Blog (post your party comments!): http://www.dblock.org/index.php?section=life/archives/00000175.php

Thank you,

dB.

dB's website: http://www.dblock.org

Letter to the Editor.

I was one of the co-producers for the Oracle Gatherings "Atlantis" event back on Feb 15th @ the CHAC. I got several confused reports from friends who are on your list that you (whoever writes the PV event summaries for the week) trashed our event on your list before it even happened, ostensibly based on its description alone (or some past experience with the Oracle Gatherings?). Several people have forwarded me your writeup for that week, and the writeup for the following week where you trashed our follow-up event on the 21st.

Aside from the fact that:
-many of the people on your list (and about 850 of their friends) did actually come to Atlantis,
-and many had a great time (ask them yourself or visit http://nwtekno.org/vb/showthread.php?s=&threadid=50065 and read for
yourself),
-and also the fact that I will not trouble you or PV with our event information ever again,...

...have you ever considered simply *not posting an announcement* about an event that you think will be lame, rather than trashing it to the entire list sight unseen?

In other words, is PV about connecting people you like with events that you like? Or about telling as many people as possible your opinions about what is going on in Seattle?

Just a question. I just wish I had known the answer *before* sending my info to your list.

Peace,
-Jake Perrine
jake@perrine.net
Co-Producer, Atlantis


Jake,

I am glad to hear that Atlantis was well attended and I am also sad that we won't receive any event informations from you anymore. It is true that Party Volcano trashed your event. Shame on me. I wrote that "twenty bucks will get you into this weird Hippie Disneyland" just by looking at the invitaion. I should have gone to Atlantis first before writing something mean about it just based on the descriptions that you had kindly provided.

I would have started the evening with Jennifer Short's Heart Meditation, a perfect warm-up for Yoga with Vesper. After contact dancing with Jacob I would have refreshed myself with delicious mint tea at the Om Chai House. Crystal healing and meditation would have been next before I would have had my tarot cards read. I would have learned everything about Sushumna, a Chakra healing experience - because I am really into intimacy dyads and guided movement. Then I would have gone home and I would have written a nice Cold Lava report titeled:

"Twenty bucks got me into this weird Hippie Disneyland"!

Not posting an announcement about an event that we think will be lame would not serve our readers. I know this is the Northwest but believe it or not most of our readers find our downgrades helpful. Some of our readers find them even refreshing because our reviews don't applaud every painted flower pot in this city, even it the artist believes it is art.

Regarding being downgraded by Party Volcano consider yourself in good company. So far we have downgraded Martin Loveshack's frat boy parties, the Blue Angels, a Chainsaw Carving Competition in Westport, and countless FuNC events. We even downgraded a whole neighborhood ("Ballard").

So don't take it personal, be a good sports man and send me an invitation to your next event! Remember what Mahatma Gandhi said: "An eye for an eye, will only make the whole world blind" - and the doctors rich.

- PV

No comments: