Friday, March 2, 2007

More events on Saturday 3/9/2002

I bid for a Shrinky-Dink (My Tree Hates You) but I didn't get it. But I was able to buy two miniature photos at Tomiko Jones's opening yesterday. Somebody told me that the Shrinky-Dink company is actually sponsoring Seattle's Annual Shrinky-Dink Auction by providing plenty of Shrinky-Dink sheets. In case you didn't make it through the snow to Triangle's birthday party: it was packed and the beer was only $2. I will go again in 2012!

There are three more events for Saturday. The Vital 5 show and SAW are events that I am recommending.


Saturday, 3/9.

Three Bottles of Wine and a Sharpie. This one day only show at Vital 5 was announced pretty late. I don't know anything about it except for Iris is showing her work. I would expect something funny like her "Dysfunctional Chair" called 'Feuer unterm Arsch' (fire under your butt) from the second Vital 5 show and her photos "Before and After" eating too much ice cream. I can relate to her work - maybe because she is German too. I am going!
Vital 5, 2200 Westlake Avenue (on the southeast corner of Westlake and Denny), 12-5pm. Free.

The Slender Means Society. Secluded Alley Works invites us for an afternoon and evening with musicians from a variety of local bands:
- Arrington De Dioyso (of old time relijun).
- White Targets (featuring Nathan of The Gossip and Monitor bats).
- YKK (featuring Morgan Henderson of the Blood Brothers).
- Plus PAN and oh so special guests.
Notice that it will start pretty early at 4pm. I have heard that there will be a lot of free food.
Secluded Alley Works (SAW), 113 12th Ave (North of Yesler), 4pm - 10pm. $5. http://www.secludedalleyworks.org/


The Children's Crusade. The Independent Media Center Gallery (IMC) presents The Children's Crusade featuring artworks by 6 artists that are unknown to me. The IMC is an interesting place with kind of hip-hop art for hip-hop people. The last time I went I liked those deformed kids painted on wood panels and oven plates. They reminded me on Nara's mean girls from Superflat. There is just too much going on this Saturday. I would probably skip the opening and rather go to their closing party on April 7th.
Independent Media Center, 1415 3rd Ave (between Pike and Union), 7-11pm. Free. http://www.seattle.indymedia.org

No comments: